The Room Locator is already switched on when it arrives. All you need to do to set it up is assign the Room Locator to a room.
1. Scarica l'App Dispositivi dall'App Store di Apple.
2. Aprire l'App Dispositivi.
3. Vai alla categoria Devices in basso a sinistra.
4. Tocca l'icona + in alto a destra.
5. Seleziona una stanza o imposta una nuova stanza.
6. Selezionare il Room Locator che si desidera collegare a questa stanza.
As soon as you have added your Room Locator to the respective room, you can use this room as a trigger.
1. Aprire l'App Dispositivi.
2. Vai alla categoria Trigger in basso a destra.
3. Tocca l'icona + in alto a destra.
4. Selezionate l'opzione Room Locator.
5. Selezionate la stanza collegata con il Room Locator.
6. Determinare se si desidera che il trigger sia attivato quando si entra o si esce dalla stanza.
1. Open the IFTTT app or the IFTTT website ifttt.com.
2. Create a new IFTTT account or sign in to your existing IFTTT account.
3. Got to the LinkDesk IFTTT service page ifttt.com/linkdesk.
4. Tap on the Connect button.
5. Create a new LinkDesk account or sign in to your existing LinkDesk account.
6. Open the Devices app.
7. Go to the Triggers category at the bottom right.
8. Tap on the + icon at the top right.
9. Select the option IFTTT.
10. Tap on Connect IFTTT.
11. Sign in to your existing LinkDesk account.
IFTTT Applets are simple if-then connections between smart home devices, wearables and other online services. IFTTT Applets work with Room Locator to automatically trigger your other services based on you entering or leaving a room. You can browse hundreds of existing Applets on IFTTT and turn them on with a single switch.
If you want something custom, it’s easy to make your own Applet. Let your creativity run free and connect your Room Locator with your devices, online services and social media.
Using multiple Room Locators in your home is easily possible. A maximum of one Room Locator can be added to each room.
The Room Locators can be identified using the 6 digit code on the back of the device. This code is also displayed in the app. Furthermore, You can identify the Room Locator based on its distance; a small icon in the app shows the distance to the device.
The Room Locator is designed for use in rooms between approximately 10 sqm and 40 sqm. In very small rooms it cannot be guaranteed that the signal will not extend beyond the respective room. In very large rooms the signal may not reach all areas of the room.
Try to position the Room Locator as far away from other rooms as possible. This helps to prevent the signal from penetrating into adjoining rooms and to avoid trigger-related problems. If the signal is too strong and extends to other rooms, you may, for example, try to position the Room Locator behind or inside of pieces of furniture. If the signal is too weak, position the Room Locator as openly and visibly in the room as possible.
The range of the Room Locator may vary significantly depending on its location. Try to position the Room Locator at least 50 cm away from other radio devices such as your Wi-Fi router.
It’s easy to change the battery when your Room Locator has run out of power. Simply press the provided suction cup tightly onto the case and pull with force until the case opens, revealing both the module and the battery. The battery is a readily available CR2450 button cell. Please contact our support if you weren’t provided with a suction cup.
We have technically optimized the Room Locator so that it consumes only a small amount of energy despite the regular emission of signals. The battery life may vary depending on location and technical conditions, but the battery has a lifetime of about one or two years.
Why can I no longer find my Room Locator?
This may have several reasons. Check whether the Room Locator may perhaps already be assigned to a room. In this case, it can no longer be linked to other rooms. Determine whether “Bluetooth” and “Location Services” are enabled in the settings of your iPhone or iPad. Please contact us if you should still encounter any problems.